In addition to the linky, I'm taking this opportunity each week to write a little bit about my favorite moments from the past week. I hope you'll feel inspired to leave a comment telling me about your favorite thing(s) that happened this week, too!
These are a few of my favorite things:
Catching up on a couple missed weeks of favorites:
- My dad was here for a visit a few weeks ago, and he helped us check off several projects from our "to-do" list! My dad replaced our broken kitchen faucet, touched up caulk in the bathrooms and paint in the living room, and installed a trellis on the front porch for our out-of-control climbing rose. He also finished painting my grandmother's old rocking chair that we've been working on (sporadically) for years: now all it needs is a new foam seat and upholstery! I'm really grateful that my dad was able to come visit and help us out with things around the house as well as playing with Daniel so Jaymz and I could work on organizing the basement, and babysitting while we went to J's work holiday party. Thanks again, Dad!
- One evening when my dad was here, Daniel was asking all of us about our favorite colors. Daniel (of course) said his favorite color was purple, and then followed up by adding that blue was a second favorite. One of us then asked him if he had any other favorite colors. After thinking about it for a few moments, Daniel declared that yes, wooden was his other favorite color. We were all quite tickled by that answer—I just love how children aren't as limited by social constructs when they answer questions like this one!
- Daniel has been being extra sweet the past few weeks when it comes to interacting with his little brother or sister inside my belly. He seems to be understanding better lately that the baby is going to come out and that s/he's going to be a part of our family soon. He talks about how he loves the baby and how the baby loves him. He gives the baby hugs and kisses at bedtime, and he tells the baby he's going to miss hir when he leaves for preschool in the morning. I just can't get enough of Daniel's loving sweetness!
- All three of us were really sick (my version of the respiratory crud being the longest-lasting) and it was tough around here for a while. But a couple of new friends from a local parenting group each brought soup or bone broth for us while we were laid up. It was such a wonderful gift of community to have these homemade, body-nourishing goodies left on our porch when we were all too sick to see straight. There have been countless others who have reached out with words of love and encouragement and offers of help. I've been overwhelmed by the support from our village—thank you again so much to all of you!
- I've been on bed rest for a little while now after having some early labor signs (a little too early!) and Baby and I are doing well. I'm incredibly grateful that Jaymz has been able to put in work hours from home while taking care of Daniel and me so that I can take it easy for a while. It's also been a huge blessing to be under the care of midwives who've made several home visits to check on Baby and me during my respiratory illness and subsequent bout of contractions and such.
I'm planning on continuing to post updates regularly, but I've decided to take a break from adding a weekly favorites review to this link-up post until after the baby is born and we've had a little time to settle in to our new routine. My friend and fellow blogger Jorje of Momma Jorje is going to help with co-hosting the linky after the baby is born, but I'll still be here until then reading and commenting as usual!
I hope you're starting this new year off on a positive note! What was one of your favorite moments from this week?
Grab the Friday Favorites button to display on your site:
Link up your favorite blog posts from the week using the linky below and Maya and I will comment on them! Remember to share the love by reading and commenting on a few other posts from the list after you enter your link in the list. The linky will stay open until Monday afternoon.