|All ready to go!|
Here's what I did without you today:
- I cried.
- I called my mother.
- I cried a little more.
- I cooked enchiladas for myself for breakfast.
- I prepped tonight's dinner and put it in the crock pot.
- I used the bathroom all by myself!
- I answered a couple of emails, and then
- I came to pick you up right on time. (OK, I might've even been just a tad early.)
Here's what (I gather) you did without me today:
|Your very first school lunch.|
(You love your new lunch tin!)
- You met some new kids (though you're insisting that the only person there who is your friend is the teacher, Lori).
- You enjoyed playing dress-up, and insisted on wearing a fancy necklace and a pair of sunglasses for most of the morning.
- You played outside in the sandbox and got some sand on your mittens.
- You got too cold after a while because
your mother didn't dress you warmly enoughit was cold and rainy outside today (and you have approximately 0% body fat).
- You ate raisin pancakes and a banana for snack, then
- you hardly ate any of the lunch I packed for you.
- You used the bathroom all by yourself! (OK, you might've had a little help from Lori getting up on the big toilet.)
- You said, "Oh hey—it's Momma!" when you saw that I was there to pick you up.
|About to leave home (you were not nearly |
this alert when I picked you up).
This day has been a long time coming... and it arrived in the blink of an eye. For the past few months, I could hardly wait for us to find a good fit in a preschool for you (you and I have both been ready for this for a while, in some ways). At the same time, this moment sneaked up on me and caught me off-guard, and I found myself missing you this morning more than I ever could've known I would.
I love you deep and wide, as far as you can see and beyond. I love you with my whole body, my whole self. I love you so much it hurts. I love you so much that I grin through my tears and I cry while I laugh; I simply can't hold it all in.
Happy Wednesday to you, Daniel. Happy first day of preschool.