We have a Corolle doll that Daniel likes to carry around with him (we call him/her Daniel's Baby). He pats his Baby on the back and gives (open mouth) kisses. The other day, I decided that I was tired of the pink romper, so I made some new clothes:
|I love this butterfly flannel!|
|I'm quite proud of how the gathered neck |
and hemline on the gown turned out.
And I couldn't stop there, so I made this to go underneath:
Daniel is already really enjoying playing with the hook and loop closure on the tiny cloth diaper. (It can provide minutes of entertainment!) I'm personally enjoying how very soft his Baby is now.
I wonder what else I could make...a hat, perhaps? Slippers? Maybe a toddler-sized mei tai or ring sling so Daniel can wear his Baby? So many possibilities!
Our theme for September's Families, Create! Make and Play Carnival was friends and family. Our participants shared with us different ways in which they honored friends and family with their creativity.
Check out what Families Create! participants created this month:
- Amy at Anktangle made some new threads for her son Daniel's little "friend."
- Alicia at I Found My Feet helped her son create his very own scrapbook filled with the people in his life that love him dearly.
- Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children honors the memory of a favorite uncle with an ornament for the holidays.
- Brenna at Almost All The Truth shares what she learned when she unplugged with her family on a trip to enjoy togetherness and tradition.
- Dionna at Code Name: Mama loves to welcome friends and family into her home, and she's even more excited now that her family has created a new and improved living space - check out one of the many home improvement projects going on at Dionna's house!