|A view of my lap during the process.|
|Laid out for assembly |
(Eddie just can't stay away.)
We have at least a dozen baby blankets already (including swaddling blankets), most of which were made for him and/or given as gifts. Because of that, it felt a little silly to be making yet another one to add to the pile. But I started making this one so long ago, and this one is a special gift from Momma.
I love snuggling under a blanket and reading, watching a movie, or listening to music. I hope Daniel's new afghan brings him comfort, keeps him warm, and reminds him that I think he's special and will always love him.
|Daniel and his new afghan. He's been enjoying |
playing with my biggest crochet hook (Size U) lately.
Visit Code Name: Mama and Living Peacefully with Children to find out how you can participate in the next Families, Create! Carnival. Our February theme is "Heroes and Heroines" - what can your family create this month to celebrate the heroes and heroines in your lives? Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
- What's the perfect way to snuggle up on a cold winter night? Acacia at Fingerpaint and Superheroes knows the answer: make the perfect soup!
- Simply decorated jars by children bring warmth and light to cold Winter's days at Living Peacefully with Children.
- The ArtsyMama teaches us how to create a no sew fleece throw inspired by your favorite snuggle time book.
- Movies made from books are often pretty poor representations, but this family-made movie from Dionna at Code Name: Mama is monster-ific!
- Aunalise at My Sweet Potatoes created a cozy for her Kindle, to protect it from little hands that think they need to cuddle with it.
- What better way to cuddle and get cozy than in new jammies made by Mama G @ Z everyday things?
- Inspired by her family's love of the Harry Potter series, Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children decided to make a series of ornaments based on the theme.
- Laura at Nestled Under Rainbows shared a reflection on and a celebration of snuggies, lovies, cuddlies and specials.
- Little Hedgehog got a wonderful idea when his red hat from Father Christmas didn't fit, and Megan at Purple Dancing Dahlias got a wonderful idea to knit a sweet hedgehog!
- Monster-inspired artwork by a monster-clad kid. Despite the growling, he really is cuddly! Monster love courtesy of Dionna at Code Name: Mama.
- Arpita at Up, Down and Natural shares a quick tutorial on how to make your very own Pippalily inspire pouch sling, with zippered pocket & key ring, and a matching nursing cover to boot!
- Amy at Anktangle finally completed something cuddly and warm for her son Daniel: his very own afghan, crocheted with love by Momma.
- Who'd want to cuddle with a cuttlefish? Aunalise at My Sweet Potatoes thinks you might want to cuddle up with this sweet plush cuttlefish!
- In an attempt to slow down and relax while watching her children, Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children decided to give knitting another chance.