You will need:
4 chicken thighs
2 large or 4 small zucchinis, quartered and sliced
1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup couscous
2 cups chicken stock
½ Tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil
pepper (to taste)
softened butter (about 3 Tablespoons)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Heat about half of the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it's melted.
- Use this to sauté the zucchini and onions with half of the basil, garlic, and some fresh ground black pepper until the onions are a little translucent and the zucchini is tender. Don't over-cook the vegetables! If you're choosing to do this step, err on the side of under-cooking them, since they're about to be baked, as well.
- (If you don't pre-cook the vegetables, just toss them with half the basil, garlic, and black pepper, and transfer to the baking dish.)
- Transfer to a baking dish:
- Rub the chicken with the remaining butter and the rest of the basil and garlic, and also the cumin.
- Top the vegetable mixture with the couscous:
- Pour the chicken stock over the vegetables and couscous, then arrange the chicken on top of all of it.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
What's your favorite one-dish meal? I'd love to know!