- In saucepan, cook 6 cups sliced squash and ¼ cup chopped onion for five minutes, then drain:
- Combine 1 can cream of mushroom soup (original recipe called for cream of chicken), 1 cup sour cream, and 1 cup shredded carrot:
- Fold in the squash/onion:
- In a separate bowl, combine 8 oz package herb seasoned stuffing mix, ½ cup melted butter:
- Spread half of the stuffing mix into a 12x7 pan, spoon the veggie mix on top, then spread the rest of the stuffing over all.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes until the top is toasty brown:
Linked up at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays at Breastfeeding Moms Unite!, Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Friday Food at Momtrends, Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker, Wholesome Whole Foods at Health Food Lover, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, and Recipe Swap at Prairie Story.