Some small red potatoes (about 12?)
8oz sour cream
½+¼c shredded cheese
Pepper (to taste)
Paprika (for pretty)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Boil potatoes until they are tender:
- Mash the potatoes and add the sour cream, butter, pepper, and ½c shredded cheese. (As a special treat, you could cut up and add some small chunks of cheese into the potatoes so there will be yummy pockets of melted cheese throughout the dish after it is baked.)
- Spread out into a baking dish (9x9 will be about the right size—mine is a shallow 7x11 dish):
- Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until whatever else you're making for dinner is ready (and the cheese is melted on top):
Linked up at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays at Breastfeeding Moms Unite!, Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Friday Food at Momtrends, Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker, Wholesome Whole Foods at Health Food Lover, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, and Recipe Swap at Prairie Story.