You will need:
1 Cup butter
1 Cup white cane sugar
1 Cup firmly packed brown cane sugar
4 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 Cups oats
1¼ Cups dark chocolate (or carob) chips (At least 1C, we had some extra and decided to go for it)
1 Cup (plus 1/3 cup almonds, optional) slivered
2-4 Tablespoons brewer's yeast (I used 3 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add both the flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mix.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and 1 cup of almonds.
- Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet by the heaping spoonful.
- Top each cookie with a few of the remaining almond slivers (optional).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let your cookies sit for a couple minutes then transfer them from the baking sheet to a cooling rack.
They're hearty and delicious, and not just for making more milk!